Sunday, April 17, 2011

All I sought was a friendship.

All I sought was friendship. I Had it, a beautiful relationship, that a lot of time was invested in, I was glad, the laughter, the waiting for a message, the small exchanges of personal information, the guesses and longing to spend time together, it was beautiful. Just beautiful.

I was so happy and content. Nature was in full bloom.

Doomed and damned that I am, I lost it, I still have to unravel the reason why? I am slow to understand, it was probably my exuberance, my insistence, my jealousy, that stifled you. My consistent banter that threw you off.

All I wanted was your friendship, wanted to care for you, something that I wanted to do, for the rest of your life.

All I wanted to be, was a part of your life. Stand in your shadow, unseen, observe your Highs and Lows. Offer my shoulder to lean and cry upon, in the time of need. Applaud your achievements silently.

But it all went awry.

Now there is no way to contact you. The bridges have all been burnt. The bitterness, probably in you, is vile. Rightfully so. I accept that too.

I bear no malice, I bear no ill, I am just the same, though a little low. I leave you to your space, because, I feel you wanted it that way. Your feelings and desires are paramount.

But I remain steadfast, and have reached where I wanted to be, in your shadows. Observing, waiting for your call, you just have to reach out and you will find me there by your side as a true friend. In all the turbulent times that you go through, face them, firmly and with strength, for you will not be alone, I shall be there to support you.

In the manner that we have gone apart. There is nothing that you have lost - you have gained a support. A firm pillar, which time will tell. I will be there always, irrespective....

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely incredible visionary of thoughts to pen. Perfect example to follow. Namaste
    @Berteena @callmewhensober

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain here Koki. But all friendships were not meant to last.. Some just run their course, and we accept that, hopefully. Perhaps it's not to rue, but to smile that it ever happened. Thank you for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely composition, well expressed

    ReplyDelete